Recently several CAS members who are members of the NYS Employees Retirement System (ERS) asked that we schedule a retirement workshop for them on Zoom focused solely on the ERS Employees Retirement System. Consequently, we have reached out to our retirement planning team and scheduled a CAS ERS Retirement Workshop on Zoom for Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
If you are contemplating retirement and planning for the next phase of your life, you may want to consider participating in this worthwhile event.
Virtual CAS NYSERS Retirement Workshop:
Tuesday, June 7, 2022 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Retirement – Will I be Ready and Able to Retire as Planned?
With Andrew Buttelman of Lincoln Investment and Guest Speaker, David Daly**
The workshop will focus on:
Navigating the New York State Employees Retirement System (ERS)
- Getting credit for prior service
- Getting credit for prior military service and the new rules
- Understanding your in-service death benefit and making sure your family is secure
- Disability and your pension
- Understanding your death benefit
- Verifying Salaries
- Choosing an Option
- Filing the application
- Earning after retirement
Tax-Deferred Investment Opportunities – What you need to know!
- 403-b plans
- Employer-sponsored 403-b and 457 plans
- Elective and non-elective plans
- Limits, options, and catch up provisions
Sick days and Incentives
- What you must know about sick days, incentives and understanding the Non-elective Employer-sponsored 403-b
**David Daly was the manager of the Public Information Office of the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System. He was the System’s spokesperson and was responsible for its publications, website, and media information. Previously, he was the Administrator of Pre-retirement Planning where he organized and implemented the System’s retirement planning seminar program, which is a model for other systems throughout the country. Currently, Dave is the Administrator of the National Pension Education Association and is a nationally known presenter on retirement planning issues and public employees’ programs. Space is limited and as these workshops will fill quickly, requests will be honored on a first- come- first- served basis.
If you have questions, please call our office at 631-761-5451.