It is never too early to start thinking about retirement and planning for your life and family after working. Whether you are planning to retire soon or later on down the road, we have developed another essential workshop for our members as a part of our continuing CAS Financial Literacy Program. On behalf of CAS, I would like to extend you an invitation to attend a workshop designed to inform, educate and enhance your financial literacy as you prepare for the next phase of your life.
Retirement – Will I be Ready and Able to Retire as Planned?
With Andrew Buttelman of the Legend Group and Special Guest Speaker, David Daly**
CAS Financial Workshop: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
(Refreshments will be provided)
The workshop will focus on:
Navigating the New York State Teachers System
- Getting credit for prior service
- Getting credit for prior military service and the new rules
- Understanding you’re in-service death benefit and making sure your family is secure
- Disability and your pension
- Understanding your death benefit
- Verifying Salaries
- Choosing an Option
- Filing the application
- Earning after retirement
Tax Deferred Investment Opportunities – What you need to know!
- Multimillion dollar 403-b plans
- Employer-sponsored 403-b and 457 plans
- Elective and non-elective plans
- Limits, options, and catch up provisions
Sick days and Incentives
- What you must know about sick days, incentives and understanding the Non-elective Employer-sponsored 403-b
**David Daly, was the manager of the Public Information Office of the New York State Teachers’ Retirement System. He was the System’s spokesperson and was responsible for its publications, website and media information. Previously, he was the Coordinator of Pre-retirement Planning where he organized and implemented the System’s retirement planning seminar program, which is a model for other systems throughout the country. Currently, Dave is the Administrator of the National Pension Education Association and is a nationally-known presenter on retirement planning issues and programs for public employees.
We have received tremendous positive feedback from CAS members who have attended our previous Financial Literacy Workshops.